Learn to Skate USA COVID-19 Statement
With a focus on the health and well-being of our athletes, members and all participants, Learn to Skate USA continues to follow U.S. Figure Skating’s protocols regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). Updates from U.S. Figure Skating will be posted on usfigureskating.org.
Returning to the Rinks Guide (U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey and U.S. Ice Rink Association)
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.
As an organization, Learn to Skate USA's mission is to provide a fun and positive experience that instills a lifelong love of skating in all participants. Even if you can’t take the ice at the moment, you can improve your balance, keep your muscles moving and experience the joy of skating with our new series of off-ice challenges! Designed to improve your skills as a skater, these new off-ice challenges will be released on a weekly basis on the Learn to Skate USA blog and are available in three versions:
- Online via the NEW Learn to Skate USA mobile app (a free Learn to Skate USA member benefit)
- Digitally in an Instagram story-sized graphic designed for social media
- As a printable PDF document that you can print at home
Learn to Skate USA Mobile Application
Scheduled to publicly launch in June 2020, the Learn to Skate USA mobile app is a free benefit for all registered Learn to Skate USA members and is designed to supercharge your skating journey on and off the ice. While the app is currently in beta phase, all members are encouraged to log in, update their user profiles and participate in weekly off-ice challenges.
The information and links provided below are designed to provide helpful information and resources for directors and instructors. The references are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute an endorsement of any website or other sources.
Online Coaching Resources
- U.S. Figure Skating SafeSport Recommendations for Online Coaching
- YouTube Video: How to set up Zoom Meetings (Coach from Home)
- Article: Going Online in a Hurry: What to Do and Where to Start (Chronicle of Higher Education)
- Article: Advice for Instructors Teaching Online for the First Time (Chronicle of Higher Education)
Mental Health and Wellness Resources
- Stress and Coping (The CDC)
- Mental Health & COVID-19 (Mental Health America)
- Medication Access during COVID-19 (Mental Health America)
- Staying Emotionally and Physically Healthy During COVID-19 (Psychology Today)
- Feeling Anxiety about Coronavirus? A Psychologist offers Tips to Stay Clearheaded (UC San Francisco)
- Free Course: The Science of Well-Being (Yale University)
- Managing Stress through Physical Exercise (The Mayo Clinic)
- Time Saver: High Intensity Fitness Circuit in Minutes (The American College of Sports Medicine)
- Stay Active at Home with these Free Live Stream Workouts (MSN)
COVID-19 Economic Programs
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (U.S. Congress)
- CARES Act (U.S. Congress)
- Unemployment Benefits Finder by State (U.S. Dept. of Labor via CareerOneStop)
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief