Why Choose Ice Skating?
Learning how to ice skate builds strength, develops confidence and teaches the value of perseverance.
As you begin your journey of learning how to ice skate, you will quickly realize that you are learning so much more than skating skills. You will be infused with the joy of improving every time you try something new. Each time you fall, you will strengthen your confidence to get back up and try again.
Why Learn to Skate USA?
Learn to Skate USA is the largest beginner skating program in the country and the only program endorsed by U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey and US Speedskating.
Our comprehensive method teaches everything from the basic fundamentals to advanced skating skills, and skaters can attend classes anywhere, learning the same elements from a standardized curriculum.
What sets us apart?
- Instruction from background screened and certified instructors
- Instruction that follows a standardized curriculum founded in solid and fun skill progression
- A welcome packet that includes Learn to Skate USA The Magazine, a Parent Handbook and Record Book to keep track of your progress in class
- Access to online educational material for skaters and parents
- Secondary sports accident insurance
- Email communications with upcoming events and educational information
- The opportunity to participate in classes, performances, competitions and all Learn to Skate USA activities
Enroll in Group Lessons
Step 1: Find the ice skating class that's right for you or your child. Learn more about the levels and curriculum here.
Step 2: Find a Learn to Skate USA program near you using the program finder.
Step 3: Register with Learn to Skate USA and take the ice! Click here to register!
Some programs include membership in their registration fees and some require you to register directly with Learn to Skate USA. Connect with your local program to learn the method that applies to you!